About Graphical Path Method™ and Netpoint®
Graphical Path Planning is an innovative approach to Project Planning that adopts the Graphical Path Method™(GPM®) developed by PMA Technologies LLC. U.S.
Full details regarding GPM® and Netpoint® are detailed on the PMA Technologies wesbite linked below. All References to GPM and Netpoint remain Trademarks of PMA Technologies.
What is the Graphical Path Method™?
The Graphical Path Method™ is an alternative to CPM that promotes rapid, collaborative, and informed project planning. GPM® allows schedules to be created more intuitively and introduces innovative concepts that improve schedule optimization and analysis.
Collaborative Graphical Planning with Netpoint®
Netpoint® is the only Planning and Scheduling tool based on GPM® principles, that enables interactive collaborative planning.
Benefits of using Netpoint® over traditional CPM tools include:
- Intuitive visual representation of activities and relationships on a single canvas
- Automatic real-time schedule updates when activities and durations change
- Critical Path identification and visualisation that responds dynamically
- Improved communication of Project Schedules, compared to rows in tables.
In addition to the basic features of other Planning and Scheduling tools, Netpoint offers the following features:
- Scheduling on Early, Planned or Late Dates
- As-Built Critical Path Analysis
- Multiple Activities per line
- Polytime® – Planning units from minutes to year
- Real-Time resource histograms and curves
- Multiple Calendars, custom non-work days and Weather Modeling
- Baseline/Target comparisons
- Filters, Codes and Layout management
NetRisk™ - Schedule Risk Analyses with Netpoint
Netrisk® is the Risk Analysis Module for Netpoint®, allowing Schedule Risk Analyses to be performed on schedules generated in Netpoint®
Benefits of using Netrisk® for Schedule Risk Analyses:
- Generate Risk Registers for qualitative and quantitative risk analyses
- Default proportionate duration ranging
- Risk Events with independent impacts upon selected activities
- Correlation across duration, risk likelihood and impacts
- View schedule at chosen confidence level results
Australasian Project Planning – Graphical Path Planning Services
Licensing Sales, Training and Support
Australasian Project Planning as a local vendor, can assist in licensing, sales, training and support to Netpoint® and Netrisk® users in the Australian and Asian regions through PMA Technologies.
Strategic Planning and Programme Development
Netpoint® is ideally suited to the following situations:
- Strategic Early phase planning, where planning may be in whole weeks or months
- Level 1/Level 2 Programme development where options and alternatives are routinely required
- Collaborative planning where many users will have input into the one schedule
- Planning involves users not familiar with complexities of CPM scheduling
Australasian Project Planning can assist by undertaking the above, or facilitating workshops for the above.
Schedule Risk Analyses
Netpoint® together with Netrisk® are suited to performing Schedule Risk Analyses in the following scenarios:
- The analyses is to be performed at the strategic Level 1/ Level 2 detail
- Schedule and Risks are in aggregate weekly or monthly periods
- Planning with variable activity durations and/or requiring rapid analyses
For more information, use the Contact page
Australasian Project Planning was represented at the 6th Annual Netpoint and GPM user conference in New Orleans, USA. Santosh Bhat presented on Time-Location Reporting and the features of Netpoint that enable effective reporting for Linear Projects. The published...read more
The following article aims to explain Relationship Float and how to view these...read more
When Tim Mather and I struck upon Rocket Scheduling as a useful term, it wasn’t just a play on the phrase “it’s not rocket science” (or even better – “rocket surgery”). One fitting example is the process of developing project schedules from team planning sessions,...read more